SuperMedia Bargaining 2012: Report Dated February 8, 2012
Feb 09, 2012
Over the past two days’ bargaining meetings the Union presented the following agenda items:
- Including language to contract intending to prevent the Company’s unilateral modification to the current Sick Pay treatment;
- Improvements in the Car Allowance methods, including an increase in the “Flat Rate” allowance;
- A base wage increase across the progression schedules for all support titles;
- A base pay increase and an increase in the “Total Targeted Comp” rate for the sales titles.
This completed the Union’s presentation of its agenda. On February 8th the Union rejected the Company’s proposed changes to the Benefits Programs, including its proposal to include all union-represented employees under the current management Healthcare programs, and to freeze further accrual of Pension Plan credits.
In addition to the above, the Union and Company discussed a number of issues that related to our bargaining agendas, including:
- New sales employees being hired at base rates higher than more senior employees,
- The Attendance Improvement Programs for represented and management employees were reviewed for a better understanding of each, including the “progressive discipline” process outlined in the union-represented employees’ plan,
- Benefits and problems with the Runzheimer Expense Reimbursement Plan vs Flat Rate Car Allowance; and
- A review and explanation of the PIP design, and discussion about the consequences of failing to attain objectives.
Each of the Letter Agreements in the back of the Collective Bargaining Agreement was reviewed to determine whether one party or the other wished to delete or modify the current letter.
The bargaining teams will meet again tomorrow. The Union plans to respond in full to the outstanding items on the Company’s agenda.