SuperMedia Bargaining 2012: Report Dated February 2, 2012
Feb 02, 2012
At today’s bargaining meeting the Union presented its proposals on:
- Improving the role of seniority in the event of a layoff, including how employees are selected for lay off, increase severance payments, and improved opportunities for rehire in the event one is laid off;
- Improvements to the Performance Bonus Formula for Support employees;
- Improvements to the reimbursement amounts for telecommunications services and devices;
- More emphasis on allowing flexibility in one’s work life to accommodate needs at home for both Support and Sales employees;
- Providing more open discussion and feedback regarding sales policies.
Additionally, the Union’s bargaining team asked questions about the attendance/absence policies and Car Allowance programs.
The Company advanced no new proposals at today’s meeting and did not respond to any of the Union’s proposals.
The bargaining teams will meet again next week beginning Wednesday. In the meantime, the Union will be reviewing the data provided by the Company to advance its economic proposal, including a general wage increase and an increase in the base wage rate and Total Targeted Compensation for Sales employees.
The contracts expire on Saturday night, February 11, 2012.